Shakil Ahmed joined the Civil & Environmental Engineering Department at Islamic University of Technology (IUT) in the year 2011. He completed B.Sc. in Civil Engineering and M.Sc. in Civil Engineering from the Department of Civil Engineering of Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET). Currently, he is pursuing higher education in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at West Virginia University.
- Stream Water Quality Assessment and Modeling
- Physicochemical Waste Water Treatment
- Biological Waste Water Treatment
- Water Resources Management
- Abdul-Aziz, O.I., Ahmed, S. (2017). Relative linkages of stream water quality and environmental health with the land use and hydrologic drivers in the coastal-urban watersheds of southeast Florida, GeoHealth (under review).
- Ahmed, S., Rahman, M.M., Shams, S., Pasha, M.M. (2014). Assessment of Temporal and Spatial Variation of Pan Evaporation with Related Climatological Factors in Bangladesh, APCBEE Procedia, 10, 257-262.
- Ahmed, S., Ali, M.A. (2013). Removal of COD, Color and Heavy Metal from Wastewater using Electro-chemical Technique”, International Journal of Global Environmental Issues (IJGEnvI)- Inderscience Publishers, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 1-13.
- Mahmud, K., Hossain, M.D., Ahmed, S. (2011). Advanced Landfill Leachate Treatment with Least Sludge Production Using Modified Fenton Process, International Journal of Environmental Sciences (IJES)- Integrated Publishing Association (IPA), Vol. 2, No. 1, pp 259- 270.
- Ahmed, S., Abdul-Aziz, O.I. (2016). Land Use and Hydrologic Sensitivities of StreamWater Quality in Complex Coastal-UrbanWatersheds, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, December 2016, San Francisco, CA.
- Ahmed, S., Abdul-Aziz, O.I. (2015). Analyzing the relative linkages of land use and hydrologic variables with urban surface water quality using multivariate techniques, American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, December 2015, San Francisco, CA.
- Ahmed, S. and Ali, M.A. (2011). Electro-chemical Treatment of Wastewater, Proceedings of the 4th Annual Paper Meet and 1st Civil Engineering Congress, ISBN: 978-984-33-4363-5, pp. 60-66.