Dr. Md. Rezaul Karim is currently working as a Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of Islamic University of Technology (IUT), Dhaka, Bangladesh. He has completed his Dr. Engineering in Environmental Engineering in 2002, M.Sc. in Civil and Environmental Engineering in 1996, B.Sc. in Civil Engineering in 1989. Before joining IUT, he worked as a Professor in Civil Engineering at KUET from July 2005 to January 2012, an Associate Professor at Yamaguchi University from December 2007 to January 2010 and at KUET from June 2003 to June 2005, an Assistant Professor at KUET from May 1996 to June 2003 and a Lecturer at KUET from October 1990 to May 1996. He has Extensive research experiences in several sponsored research projects on environmental issues and currently Working as a Reviewer of several international reputed journals and also as member of editorial board.
1. Md. Rezaul Karim and Mohammad Zobair Ibne Bashar (2017). Study of the Reliability and Economic Analysis of Urban Rainwater Harvesting in Six Major Cities of Bangladesh, accepted for the WSTA 12th Gulf Water Conference to be held from 28-30 March, 2017, Manama,Kingdom of Bahrain.
2. Md. Rezaul Karim, Md. Ashikur Rahman and Dewan Mahmud Mim (2016). Feasibility of Solar Distillation as the Household Water Supply in Coastal Areas of Bangladesh, Proceedings of World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, ASCE, pp. 30-40
3. Md. Rezaul Karim, Rifath Ara Rimi and Shamsul Gafur Mahmud (2015). Risk Factors Associated with Coastal Water Supply in Bangladesh, Proceeding of the 2nd IWA Malaysia YWP15 Conference, 17-20 March 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
4. Md. Rezaul Karim, Rifath Ara Rimi and Md. Solaiman Billah (2013). Reliability analysis of household rainwater harvesting tanks in the coastal areas of Bangladesh using daily water balance model, Proceedings of the 20th International Congress on Modeling and Simulation (MODSIM 2013), Adelaide, South Australia 1-6 December, 2013, pp. 2639-2645.
5. Md. Atai Rabbi, Md. Tareq Rahman, Md. Rezaul Karim and Fuad Mohammad Moinul Haque (2013). Water Uses Pattern in Urban Slum, Proceeding of International Conference on Civil, Biology and Environmental Engineering (CBEE-2013), 21-22 November, 2013, Bangkok, Thailand.
6. Md. Rezaul Karim and Nujjat Jahan (2012). Establishment of BOD and COD Relationship of Different Wastewater, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ICCESD-2012), 2 to 3 March 2012, KUET, Khulna, Bangladesh.
7. M. A. Islam, M. R. Karim, T, Higuchi, H, Sakakibara, & M. Sekine (2011). Survey of trace metals in drinking water supply options in coastal areas of Bangladesh. Proceedings of the 35th WEDC International Conference; the future of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene: Innovation, Adaption and Engagement in a changing world, Loughborough, UK.
8. M. A. Islam, H, Sakakibara, M. R. Karim and M. Sekine (2011). Rural water consumption behavior: A case study in Southwest Coastal Area, Bangladesh, proceedings of the 2011 Water Environmental and Water Resources Congress, 22-26 May, 2011, Palm Springs, CA, USA.
9. Md. Rezaul Karim, Saskia Manshoven, Md. Rafizul Islam, Juan Antinio Gascon, Mikel Ibarra, Ludo Diels and Md. Mizanur Rahman (2011). Assessment of Groundwater Pollution from the Contaminated Site by Tannery Effluent at Hazaribagh Area in Dhaka City, proceeding of the 3rd International Conference on Water & Flood management (ICWFM-2011), pp.461-468, 8-10 January, 2011, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
10. Md. Rezaul Karim, Saskia Manshoven, Md. Rafizul Islam, Juan Antinio Gascon, Mikel Ibarra, Ludo Diels and Md. Mizanur Rahman (2011). Assessment of a Contaminated Site by Tannery Industries in Dhaka City, Bangladesh, proceeding of the 4th IPWE 2011, CD-ROM, 4-6 January, 2011, Singapore.
11. S.N. Ahammad, Q.H. Bari and M. R. Karim (2009). Scenario of Solid Waste Management Program of Selected Municipalities in Bangladesh, proceedings of the International Conference on Solid Waste Management, Technical, Environmental and Socio-economical Contexts (WasteSafe 2009), 9-10 November, 2009, Vol-I, pp. 85-91.
12. M. R. Karim, M.M. Rahman, M.M. Hasan and Masahiko Sekine (2009). Water Supply and Sanitation Situation of Slums in Khulna City, Bangladesh, proceedings of IWA-ASPIRE 2009, CD-ROM, 18-22 October, 2009 at Taipei, Taiwan.
13. Md. Rezaul Karim, Megumi Kuraoka, Takaya Higuchi, Masahiko Sekine and Tsuyoshi Imai (2009). Assessment of Heavy Metal and its Leachability from the Municipal Solid Wastes Dumping Sites in Bangladesh, proceedings of the 11th Summer Symposium of JSCE, pp. 285-288, 11 September, 2009 at Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan.
14. Md. Rezaul Karim and Gazi Mohammad Mohsin (2009): Assessment of Urban Water Supply Situation: A Case Study in Khulna City Corporation Area, proceedings of the 2nd ICWFW 2009, pp. 235-242, 15-17 March, 2009, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
15. Md. Rezaul Karim and Gazi Mohammad Mohsin (2009). Urban Water Supply and Associated Health Burden: A Case Study in Khulna City in Bangladesh, proceedings of the EWRI’s 2nd Developing Nations Conference: An International Perspective on Environmental and Water Resources, CD-ROM, 5-7 January, AIT, Bangkok, Thailand.
16. Md. Rezaul Karim (2006). Analysis of Water Supply, Sanitation and Solid Waste Management Situation of Slums in Khulna City, Environmental Sustainability Concerns, pp.105-118, published by EED, CERM and ITN, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
17. 14. Md. Rezaul Karim, Anwara Begum Shelly and Michel Biswas (2005): People perception and acceptance of rainwater harvesting in a coastal area in Bangladesh, Proceedings of the IRCSA 2005, CD-ROM, 15-18 November, 2005, New Delhi.
18. Md. Rezaul Karim and Md. Wahiduzzaman (2005): Analysis of Industrial Development and Water Quality of the River Rupsha and Bhairab in Khulna City Area, Proceedings of the third Annual Paper Meet and International Conference on Civil Engineering, pp. 223-232, 9-11 March 2005, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
19. Syed Nesar Ahmed and Md. Rezaul Karim (2005): Study on Water Supply Condition of Selected Pourashavas in the Coastal Region, Proceedings of the Third Annual Paper Meet and International Conference on Civil Engineering, pp. 173-178, 9-11 March 2005, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
20. Karim, M.R. (2004): A study on alternative water supply options and people perception in the arsenic affected areas in Khulna Region, International Symposium on Environmental Management, (ISEM 2004) CD-ROM, 7-8 January 2004, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
21. Karim, M.R and Saha, R.K. (2003): Effects of salinity on the compressive strength of different brand of cement, Seminar on the role of renewable and alternative energy sources for national development, pp. 209-216, 19-20 December, 2003, Khulna, Bangladesh.
22. Rokonuzzaman, M and Karim, M. R. (2003): Floods in Bangladesh: causes, consequences and management, Seminar on the role of renewable and alternative energy sources for national development, pp. 193-201, 19-20 December, 2003, Khulna, Bangladesh.
23. Karim, M. R., Sekine, M. and Ukita, T. (2003): Methodology of quantifying the impact of dissolved oxygen depletion on living resources: a statistical approach, Proceedings of the Second Annual Paper Meet and International Conference on Civil Engineering, pp. 269-274, 17-18 July, 2003, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
24. Karim, M. R., Sekine, M. and Ukita, M. (2001): Assessment of the occurrence of anoxia and hypoxia due to coastal construction in a enclosed water area, proceedings of the MODSIM-2001, International Congress on Modeling and Simulation, pp. 209-214, 10-13 December 2001, Canberra, Australia.
25. Karim, M. R., Sekine, M. and Ukita, M. (2001): Simulation of the Probability of Occurrence of Oxygen-deficient Water in the Shallow Zones of Hakata Bay, Japan, proceedings of the 56th Annual Conference of JSCE, pp. 424-425, 5-6 October, 2001, Kumamoto, Japan.
26. Karim, M. R., Sekine, M. and Ukita, M. (2001): Eutrophication model for a shallow coastal bay in Japan, proceedings of the ASIAN WATERQUAL 2001, first IWA Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, pp. 277-282, 12-15 September 2001, Fukuoka, Japan.
27. Karim, M. R., Sekine, M. and Ukita, M. (2000): Arsenic contamination of ground water and public health consequences in Bangladesh, proceedings of the Second International Summer Symposium, pp. 357-360, 28 July 2000, Tokyo, Japan.
28. Sekine, M., Karim, M.R., Ukita, M. and Hamada, E. (1998): Study on the influence of hypoxia on fish in coastal construction area, proceedings of the MEDCOAST-EMECS 99 Joint Conference, Land-Ocean Interaction: Managing Coastal Ecosystems, pp. 695-705, 9-November 1999, Antalya, Turkey.
29. Karim, M. R. and Badruzzaman, ABM. (1998): Simulation of nutrient transport and dissolved oxygen in a typical river in Bangladesh, proceedings of Civil and Environmental Engineering Conference, New Frontiers and Challenges, pp. 49-58, 8-12 November 1999, Bangkok, Thailand.