Md Mosabbir Pasha has completed his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering in 2012. He secured “IUT Gold Medal Award 2012” for outstanding academic results in his bachelor degree and joined Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) of Islamic University of Technology (IUT) as a lecturer. He completed his Master of Science in Civil Engineering in 2015. His main research interests are transport planning, transport modeling, ITS etc.
Currently he is working as a research scholar at The University of Queensland, Australia as well as pursuing his PhD.
- Transport planning
- Transport modeling
- Airport Ground Accessibility to Brisbane Airport: (Australia, 2016-present) One of the key objectives of the project is to investigate the low patronage of air passengers and airport employees in using public transport mostly public bus and train. However, there is no direct TransLink bus service from different parts of Brisbane to the airport. Therefore, the study is mainly focusing on the low patronage of Queensland rail for airport trips.
- Des Voux Road Central Initiative (Hong Kong, 2016) DVRC aims to improve the experience of Hong Kong’s Central Business District by reconsidering traffic management and by creating a pedestrian and tram precinct along Des Voeux Road Central.
- Effect of Land Use, Road Infrastructure on Sustainable Transportation Modes: The objective of the study was to identify the effect of different socio-economic, road infrastructure, demographic and street pattern on public transit ridership, cycling and walking in a community area using the 2011 census data and the road infrastructure data of Calgary city, Canada.
- Md. Mosabbir Pasha, Shakil Mohammad Rifaat, Richard Tay, Alexandre De Barros “Urban Design and Planning Influences on the Share of Trips Taken by Cycling”, Journal of Urban Design, Vol: 21, Issue: 4, 2016, 471-480.
- Md. Mosabbir Pasha, Shakil Mohammad Rifaat, Richard Tay, Alexandre De Barros “Effects of street pattern, traffic, road infrastructure, socioeconomic and demographic characteristics on public transit ridership”, KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol:20, Issue: 3, 2016, 1017-1022. DOI: 10.1007/s12205-016-0693-6
- Md. Mosabbir Pasha, Shakil Mohammad Rifaat, Abul Hasnat, Istiakur Rahman, “A Study of Pedestrian Perceptions on the Usage of Road Crossing Facilities in Dhaka City”, JurnalTeknologi (Sciences & Engineering), Vol: 73, No: 4, 2015, 77-83. (E-
- Shakil Mohammad Rifaat, Md. Hishamur Rahman, Mohammed, Md. Mosabbir Pasha, “Study on the Effect of Road Infrastructure, Socio-Economic and Demographic Features on Road Crashes in Bangladesh”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Social, Management, Economics and Business Engineering Vol: 8 No: 4, 2014. (ISSN 1307-6892)
- Shakil Ahmed, Mafizur Rahman, Shahriar Shams, Md. Mosabbir Pasha, “Assessment of Temporal and Spatial Variation of Pan Evaporation with Related Climatological Factors in Bangladesh”, APCBEE Procedia 10, 2014, 257 – 262.
- Md. Mosabbir Pasha, Aziz Hasan Mahmood, Shahriar Shams, “An Analysis of Scouring Effects on Various Shaped Bridge Piers”, Brunei Darussalam Journal of Technology and Commerce. Volume 7 Number 1, December 2013. (ISSN 1605- 2285)
- Abul Hasnat, Istiakur Rahman, and Md. Mosabbir Pasha, “Assessment of Environmental Impact for Tannery Industries in Bangladesh”, International Journal of Enviromental Science and Development, Vol.4, No2, April 2013. (ISSN: 2010-0264)
- Md. Mosabbir Pasha, Mark Hickman “Airport Ground Accessibility: Review and Assessment”, 38th Australasian Transport Research Forum, November 16-18, 2016, Melbourne, Australia.
- Mohammed Tarek Uddin, Syed Sharfuddin Ahmed, and Md. Mosabbir Pasha, “Production of Clay-Burnt Coarse Aggregate for Concrete”, 1st IUT International Seminar on Sustainability, Recycling and Durability of Concrete, December 8, 2014.
- Hishamur Rahman, Shakil Mohammed Rifaat, Md. Mosabbir Pasha, “A Study on the effect of road infrastructure, socio-economic and demographic features on road crashes in Bangladesh”, Proceedings of 8th CUTSE International Conference on Sience, Sustainability and Solutions, 3-4 December, 2013, Curtin University Sarawak, Malaysia , 87- 96.
- Md. Mosabbir Pasha, Abul Hasnat, Istiakur Rahman and Dr. Shakil Mohammad Rifaat, “A Study On Pedestrians‟ Behavior of Using Road Crossing Facilities in Dhaka City”, GEOCON 2013. October 28-30, UTM, Johor, Malaysia.
- Md. Mosabbir Pasha, Aziz Hasan Mahmood, Istiakur Rahman, and Abul Hasnat, “Assessment of Ship Breaking and Recycling Industries in Bangladesh - An Effective Step Towards the Achievement of Environmental Sustainability”, ICAEBS 2012, PSRC, Pp. 43-47, May 26-27, 2012. Phuket, Thailand. (ISBN 978-93-82242-00-0)
- Md. Mosabbir Pasha, Aziz Hasan Mahmood, Asif Hossain, Shahriar Shams “A Study on The Impact of Domestic and Industrial Waste on Water Quality of Turag River, Near The City of Dhaka, Bangladesh”, ICETCESD 2012, March 10-12, 2012, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
- Taylor & Francis