Engr. Farnia Nayar Parsi is currently working as a lecturer in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of Islamic University of Technology (IUT), Dhaka, Bangladesh. She is now pursuing Doctor of Engineering in Geotechnical Engineering in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), she completed B.Sc. and M.Sc. from the same institution. She has 1 year working experience as Geotechnical Engineer at Geotechnical Consultancy Firm, 6 months as Assistant Engineer at Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications; 3 years as Research Assistant in Department of Civil Engineering, BUET.
- Durability and Sustainability of earthen structures
- Slope Stability
- Bio-engineering or bio-technology
- Geo-environmental engineering
- Choudhury, M.R, Islam, Dey, P. and Parshi, F.N.(2016), “Phytoremediation of heavy metal contaminated Buriganga riverbank soil by Vetiver grass (Vetiveria zizanioides)”, paper submitted to ‘Science of the total environment- An International Journal for Scientific Research into the Environment and its Relationship with Humankind’.
- Choudhury, M.R, Islam, M.S, Ahmed, Z.U. and Nayar, F. (2015), “Phytoremediation of Heavy Metal Contaminated Buriganga Riverbed Sediment by Indian Mustard and Marigold Plants”, Journal of Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, DOI 10.1002/ep.
- Islam, M.S., Hoque, M.S., Mallick, S., Parshi, F.N. and Rahman, A.K.M.L.(2016), “Climate Resilient Slope Protection for Coastal Regions of Bangladesh Using Bio-Engineering Techniques”, 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering 2016 (ICACE 2016), CUET, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Islam, M.S., Hossain, T.R., Parshi, F.N., Moles, O., Podder, R.K. and Caimi, A. (2015), “Disaster Resilient Rural House Designs for Different Geographic Regions of Bangladesh”, Proc. of Development and Democracy of Bangladesh: Current problems and prospects, UC, Berkeley, USA.
- Islam, M.S., Shahriar, B.A.M. and Parshi, F.N. (2014), “Bio-technical solution for dyke protection in saline zone of Bangladesh”, The 2014 Congress on Advanced in Civil, Environmental, and Materials Research (ACEM14), Busan, Korea.
- Islam, M.S., Parshi, F.N. and Shahriar, B.A.M. (2014), “Bio-engineering Technique for Climate Resilient Dyke Protection in the Saline Zones of Bangladesh”, National Conference on Natural Sciences and Technology (NCNST-2014), Asian University for Women, Chittagong, (Abstract).
- Islam, M.S. and Parshi, F.N. (2014), “Sustainable Earthen Housing in Disaster Prone Areas: Bangladesh Perspective”, 5th International conference of Sustainable build environment (ICSBE14), Srilanka, 243 (8 pages).